Saturday, January 7, 2012

Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

This book a part of the Stephanie Plum series. This is book 17. I, personally, do not feel as if you have to read the books in order. I did not.

In this installment of Stephanie Plum, a dead body turns up in the lot of the burnt-down Vincent Plum Bail Bonds office. Then another one shows up. And a little while later, so does another one. The same person is murdering these people and they have ties to Stephanie.

Meanwhile, Stephanie ticks off the local neighborhood cook, Grandma Bella. Grandma Bella is, ironically, also the grandmother of Stephanie's it's-complicated-on-again-off-again boyfriend, Joe Morelli. Grandma puts "The Eye" on Steph. "The Eye" is never good. Anyone who recieves this curse is plauged by misfortune. In this case, she has given Stephanie the Vordo. Which of course makes her "hungry" for men and what they have to bring to the table. Between Joe and Ranger, Steph has her hands full. And in the end, she must pick ONE!

I give this book 4.5 cups of cocoa out of 5 because I solved the mystery before I should have and it was a little dirty-minded for audiences not at least in high school. I really love Janet Evanovich's writing-style and her humor. My parents and I both read the novels and every single one of us has laughed out loud while reading. Totally loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment