Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cloaked by Alex Flinn

Cloaked is about a boy named Johnny who works in a shoe repair shop with his mother. His father has been MIA for years. Only his best friend Meg keeps him grounded. But once Princess Victoriana arrives, his world turns upside down. Victoriana asks Johnny to go and find her brother who has been turned into a frog. Johnny at first doesn't believe her, but eventually he realizes that she isn't crazy. Alex Flinn combines many folk tales into this novel.

While this isn't my favorite Alex Flinn book (that honor goes to Beastly), this novel is definately worth reading. I give this novel 3.5 cups of cocoa. I did really like this novel. I think the romance is not as defined or as much of a focal point as in Beastly, but it was good. I am looking forward to reading A Kiss in Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment