Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

This is the second book in the I Am Number Four series by Pitticus Lore.


This novel is not just told by John's (Four) perspective. It is dually told by Marina (Seven). Marina is living in Spain at school/orphanage/nunery called Santa Teresa. Her Cêpan, Adelina, has seemingly given up on the destiny of the Nine Garde members that came to Earth. She is coming into her legacies. Convinced that there are Mogadorians in her city, she seeks her chest and how to get out and find the other numbers.


John Smith, Four, is currently on the run with Six and Sam. John has left Sarah behind, but he can't stop thinking about his one true love. However at the same time, feelings for Six leave John even more confused. He and Sam are utilizing the Chest and train themselves. They need to find the others, and fast.


This book is going to recieve 3.5 cups of cocoa from me. I didn't find Marina's narration of much interest. I favored John's narration. The ending also lost my interest a bit. I say this because I sometimes noticed myself skimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment