Friday, January 13, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

This is the first novel in the Deliruim series by Lauren Oliver. The next book, Pandemonuim comes out in late February.

This novel is about dystopian America. Love is a disease in this world and when someone is 18 they get a procedure to "cure" them. Those who refuse are called Invalids. Lena's mother could not be cured. She had the procedure 3 times. She was a sympathizer; she loved her children. Lena's mother commited sucicide when she was young. Lena is about to be cured of love herself, but there are a few issues that arise.

I was not sure how I was going to like this book, but I completely suprised myself. Definarely give this book a good 100-150 pages before you decide whether or not you like it. This book was sooooo adorable. I totally could not put it down--except we were at school and I had to. I cannot wait for Pandemonium. 4.5 out of 5 for an uneasy beginning and an end that I did not like, but that was the intent of the author.

1 comment:

  1. I have been dying to read this book! I need to get my hands on it asap!!

    ReplyDelete