Monday, March 19, 2012

Fracture by Megan Miranda

OMG!!!! I liked this a lot. I give it a 4 out of five, though.

Fracture is about a girl named Delaney who falls through some ice and is under the freezing water for 11 minutes. She should hae died--she did--but somehow she came back. Now her relationship with her best friend and savior, Decker, is strained, and her parents'. Then Troy comes into her life, he has a similar problem and wants to help Delaney, but is this the kind of help she wanted?

Okay, so 4 out of 5, right? I gave it a four because I loved the characters and all, but the not-so-normal parts of the book I didn't get. Like how she was able to sense when someone is going to die (not a spoiler, I swear), and the whole idea of Troy. I also thought there were some issues, like her mother's parents, that were seemingly brought up for a miniscule to no reason. It was also a little fast, time wise. And by that I mean faster than I would have liked. On the other hand, there were something I LOVED. Her friendly-ish relationship with Decker was flat-out amazing. And the way Megan Miranda executed Troy (you'd have to read it to understand fully) was great. I loved Delaney and felt for her. This book did not elicit tears from me, but was overall definately worth picking it up. DO IT NOW!!!! :D

Read on,
Lexie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment